PC*Miler: Search a Location Radius
The Search a Location Radius tool can help you with rate determination and pre‐operations planning. We’ll just take a quick look at it.
1. Highlight Manchester, IA on the stop list for the route you just ran.
2. Click on the Location Radius tab in the Route 1 window. You’ll see Manchester entered in the City field. Any type of PC*MILER place name can be entered and validated for a location radius search.
3. Enter “15” as the number of miles for a radius around Manchester, then click Find. A window listing all cities within 15 miles of Manchester will pop up.
4. Now, instead of cities, let’s find all ZIP codes within 15 miles of Manchester: click Close in the pick list window.
5. In the route entry window, uncheck Cities and check Postal Codes.
6. Click Find to generate a list of ZIP codes within a 15‐mile radius.
7. To plot some or all of these locations on the map, you could highlight them and select Plot Points (see below – use the Ctrl or Shift key to highlight multiple locations). You could also Save the highlighted points in a text file, or click Add Stop(s) to add them as stops in the active route window, replacing Manchester.
For this Tour though, we’ll just click Close to close the Location Radius pick list.
Next: Open a RouteMap™ Window