Communications – Satellite Tracking
Axon’s satellite tracking supports a number of different satellite providers. The supported satellite systems are integrated with Axon’s dispatching and accounting software, helping you to share information efficiently with your drivers on the road.
(each satellite provider has varying interface capabilities
for the most accurate and up-to-date information please call us at 1-800-567-8385)
Satellite Communications and Tracking
- Send order confirmation notices to your drivers on the road
- Automatically update order status (e.g. dispatched, completed, overdue)
- Track equipment locations in real time
- Access driver call-ins, equipment location and order status directly from the Dispatching screen
- Provide accurate, up-to-date information to your customers on expected arrival time or anticipated delays
- Maintain a record of driver call-ins to avoid confusion
- Make efficient, accurate decisions based on timely information
You can send Order Confirmations directly to your Drivers.
In addition, with many of the satellite services, you can set up your own free-form messages, choosing the order information that is most relevant to your business. The free-form messages can then be sent to your drivers via satellite or by email to your customers. Axon will warn you if you go over the maximum length set by your satellite company.
You can communicate with your drivers, passing along messages and updated information. Messages are all logged on the Satellite Messages and Driver Call-Ins screens.
Satellite integration ensures that you are always aware of the status of your orders. If a driver is delayed or arrives early at his destination, you’ll be the first to know. Customers appreciate the fact that you are tracking their order, and you have the information at your fingertips when they call.
Axon uses the GPS location information from your satellite company to keep track of your equipment’s position, using longitude and latitude to provide you with a visual map of the locations for all your equipment.
Your jurisdiction miles can be imported directly to Fuel Mileages and Purchases, simplifying your fuel tax calculations.
Axon Truck Link App for mobile devices
Axon has developed a mobile app that also allows for communication with your drivers via cellular and/or internet (if available), Axon’s Truck Link makes it easy for you to pass trucking transactions and messages back and forth between you and your drivers, anytime, anywhere.
With Axon Truck Link, you can:
- Signature Capture;
- Mapping and Directions;
- Location Tracking;
- Photo & Signature Attachments;
- Print Order & Ticket Confirmations;
- Send Order/Ticket information to your Drivers on the road;
- Receive updated transaction information and messages from your Drivers;
- Send free-form messages to your Drivers;
- Maintain an up-to-date record of messages you have sent and received.
Axon Truck Link App for iOS and Android is completely integrated with Axon’s online Dispatching and Accounting Software, ensuring up-to-date records at your fingertips at all times.