“WE’VE HAD AXON NOW FOR 3 YEARS AND THE NUMBER OF TRUCKS WE HAVE HAS ALMOST DOUBLED. “WE’VE GONE FROM 33 TO ABOUT 65 TRUCKS AND WE’VE ADDED ONLY 2 MORE ADMIN STAFF.” “WE’RE TALKING ABOUT ADDING AS MANY AS 20 TRUCKS THIS SUMMER. I AM PRETTY COMFORTABLE WITH THE FACT THAT WE CAN LOOK AFTER THAT MANY MORE WITH THE PEOPLE WE HAVE IN PLACE NOW. ”
Kansas Ridge Trucking is primarily a bulk liquids hauler out of Lacombe, Alberta. After evaluating some options about 3 years ago, they made a switch and now run their company using Axon Software. We spoke with Garry Evernden to see how that has been working for them and to learn more about how their business operates these days.
I am Garry Evernden, president of Kansas Ridge Trucking here in Lacombe.
NEW BUSINESS TRIGGERSYou can now notify users or send an email when Work Orders and/or Purchase Orders are created, updated, or deleted (contact Axon to use this feature).
ARE THEY AVAILABLE?
You can display the availability of equipment and drivers directly on the dispatching screen:
Create calendar event types for times when drivers or equipment are unavailable due to holidays or shop work (Business > Calendar Types) and choose Display on Dispatch so that the information appears on the dispatch screen as well as the calendar. The reason they are unavailable will be displayed on the timeline for the specified date range.Dates when a piece of equipment is unavailable and the reason why it’s unavailable can be entered on the Equipment > General tab > Unavailable Dates/Reason. The information will be displayed directly on the dispatching screen. You can do the same thing for drivers (Employees > General tab > Unavailable Dates/Reason).
Equipment or drivers that have been pre-booked for a project (Projects > Equipment Drivers tab) will show as assigned on dispatch. There is no routing or pay assigned to pre-booked equipment or drivers, so they can be switched to another activity./p>
TIME-SAVING TIPS – REPORTER REPORTSReporter reports are a convenient way to obtain the information you need. Here are some of the data source options that you may find useful:
- Business Partners Driver Qualiﬁcations – the driver qualifications required by your Business Partners
- Tickets Proximity Events – the proximity events that have been created for your Tickets
- Orders/Tickets including Other Charges – Orders/Tickets regardless of whether or not there are Other Charges
- Axon Link Ids – all your activated and deactivated Link App Ids and the Equipment or Drivers they are attached to
- Satellite Ids – the number of active Satellite Ids
STAYING UP TO DATEAxon helps you keep your drivers, owner operators, and staﬀ in the know by notifying users or sending an email when a transaction is created, updated, or deleted. With Business Triggers, you can let owner operators know when work on their tractor has been completed or inform a driver when an order/ticket is updated or deleted.
LET’S COPY THAT!
There’s no point reinventing the wheel. If you frequently carry the same or similar loads for the same customers, why not create an order/ticket template.
Set up a template with the information that remains the same from one shipment to another and you’ll avoid duplication. Additional, non-standard information can be added on individual orders and tickets. You can set up as many diﬀerent templates as you need and pick the relevant template when you create a new order or ticket. Templates can be synced with Axon’s Truck Link app. When a driver sends in a template message, the system will create a new order/ticket using the template the message is linked to and will ﬁll in the information provided in the message.
You can also create employee templates with the standard earnings, wages, deductions, and beneﬁts for employees who receive similar beneﬁts. For example, you can set up a template for all your drivers with standard options such as driver pay and toll fees and a diﬀerent template for administrative staﬀ that includes monthly wages and pension. When you hire a new employee, all you’ll have to do is choose the appropriate template rather than re-entering all the information every single time.
SPECIAL FREE OFFER!
Want to learn how to put more money on your bottom line while spending far less time working at it than you do now? Call now 1.800.567.8385 or fill out our form below to reserve a copy of the free book: “HOW WE TRIPLED OUR FLEET SIZE WITHOUT ADDING ANY OFFICE STAFF!” In this amazing book, you’ll discover:
- How properly integrating your dispatch and operations software with your back‐office systems can slash your current office staff’s workload in half!
- How a simple one‐step interface option can help cut 10 days of work or more—each and every month—off your fuel bill processing.
- What most trucking software companies don’t want you to know about their so‐called “Real‐Time” systems that could cost you thousands of dollars every month.
- Why integrating your Accounts Payable transaction entries with your operations software will save you over half a week of work—every month.
- And much more!